The global tendency of a decline in purchasing activity has also affected Russian car enthusiasts. The current situation contributed to the activation of buyers in the segment of the secondary car market. To spur the pace of sales, official dealers and car dealerships are trying to improve the tools to stimulate buyers that are currently available. Car lending has become one of the actively developing areas in this area.
This program is designed for two categories of car owners:
- Customers with limited income who are not willing to make a large down payment and pay large monthly payments to pay off the loan. The installment payment will allow members of this group to purchase a used car of the desired brand or a more expensive analogue.
- Drivers who fundamentally do not want to overpay for a new car. Thrifty buyers prefer to use equipment of 2-3 years old in good condition, and after a while replace it with the next model.
According to the information on the site www.avtopoisk.ru/car, at the moment, 228525 used cars are offered for purchase in Russia. This is 77% of the total number of vehicles (295,827 units). New cars account for only 23% of ads (67302 units).
Analysis of the secondary market in Russia
Research of proposals for the sale of used cars in the Russian car market allows us to form several price categories of vehicles:
- High (30,000,000-300,000,000 rubles) - special purpose vehicles, elite models, executive class cars, limited editions 2015-2016. with mileage up to 50 thousand km.
- Average (1,000,000-30,000,000 rubles) - used cars in good condition 2010-2015. release with mileage of 50-150 thousand km.
- Low (300,000-1,000,000 rubles) - a budget option with mediocre technical performance older than 2010 with a mileage of 150 thousand km.
According to the analytical agency AUTOSTAT, for the period from 1 to 11 months of 2016, 4,750,000 used cars were sold in Russia. This indicator is 6.7% higher than the sales volume for the same period of the previous year.
Distribution by federal districts is presented as follows:
- Central (1231500 pcs.) - 26%.
- Privolzhsky (903,500 pcs.) - 19%.
- Siberian (694200 pcs.) - 14%.
- Yuzhny (492100 pcs.) - 10%.
- North-West (459,900 pcs.) - 10%.
- Uralsky (431500 pcs.) - 9%.
- Far East (265800 pcs.) - 6%.
- North Caucasian (274,000 pcs.) - 6%.