The sale of goods can be carried out in such forms as marketing and sales. What are they?
What is sales?
Under sales can be understood:
- a systemic, ordered process within which the sale of goods produced by the enterprise is carried out;
- the procedure for transferring goods from the seller to the buyer through established mechanisms, sustainable channels;
- a set of directions of the firm's activities related to the maintenance and operation of channels for the transmission of goods for customers and buyers.
All these types of sales, as a rule, do not imply active actions of the firm's management aimed at creating and maintaining a permanent mechanism for the sale of goods. Such as, for example, searching for customers and conducting negotiations with them in order to conclude contracts for the purchase of the company's products. If such actions are carried out, sales turn into sales (more precisely, into one of their subspecies). Let's study their features.
What are sales?
Under sales can be understood:
- the activities of the company aimed at generating sales - in any of the 3 interpretations we have considered above, through various communications with the client, advertising promotion, PR and other tools;
- a well-functioning legal mechanism for concluding transactions between the seller and the buyer (in which the parties determine their rights and obligations taking into account the provisions of the law).
If the word in question is used in the singular (like "sale"), then it can also be understood as a separately taken transaction for the sale of goods. But regardless of the application of the concept of "sales" they are carried out on condition that the responsible managers and employees of the company perform certain actions aimed at creating a permanent mechanism that allows the company to steadily extract revenue.
The main difference between sales and sales is that the first procedure does not involve the implementation of actions by the management and employees of the firm aimed at stimulating revenue. Within the framework of sales, the actual delivery of goods is carried out under valid contracts. If negotiations with clients are underway, then, as a rule, they concern organizational issues of supplies - related to the cost of delivery of products, payment, service support for the sale of goods.
In turn, sales are aimed precisely at making the appropriate contracts to successfully conclude and form the firm's need to organize effective sales - through negotiations with clients, advertising, PR.
Having determined what is the difference between sales and sales, we reflect the conclusions in the table.
|What do they have in common?|
|Successful sales predetermine the firm's need to organize effective sales of goods|
|What is the difference between them?|
|Does not imply active actions of managers and employees of the firm to stimulate the receipt of revenue||Are the main condition for the firm to receive revenue|
|Assumes communication with the client on the issues of convenient delivery, payment, service support for the supply of goods||Assumes communication with the client according to active sales schemes, the implementation of advertising activities, PR|