Many girls are afraid to tint their hair at home, thinking that it is a difficult and time-consuming process. In reality, toning is no more difficult than conventional painting with paint. Of course, you can do tinting in the salon, but this procedure is not cheap, because not every lady can afford it. This article will tell you in detail how to tone your hair at home and get the maximum result by spending a minimum of money.
What is toning? Advantages and disadvantages of this dyeing method
Toning is a shallow dyeing of strands, in which the dye does not penetrate into the hair structure, but remains on the surface, enveloping it with a thin film. This method is gentle. The resulting shade is washed off after several shampooing shampoos.
The advantages include:
- Saturation of hair with nourishing oils and other components that are included in many toners.
- Hair protection. A thin film, with which the toner envelops the hair, protects it from the negative effects of ultraviolet radiation and other external environmental factors.
- Toners can be used if the curls were previously colored with natural dyes - henna or basma.
- With toners, it is easy to create a fashionable ombre effect - a transition from a lighter tone to a darker one.
- Ease of use. Any girl can easily figure out how to tint her hair at home.
The disadvantages include the following points:
- No toner will completely cover gray hair.
- The original hair color can only be changed by a few shades.
How to tint your hair correctly?
Before applying the toner, wash your hair thoroughly with regular shampoo to keep your hair clean. The toner is applied to slightly dried wet strands. First you need to apply the product to the roots, and then distribute along the entire length with your hands or a comb with rare teeth. To prevent staining of the skin, a very oily cream should be applied along the hairline. It takes half an hour to keep the coloring composition on the head, and then rinse with water without shampoo. For easy combing, you can use a hair balm.
Some helpful tips for toning your hair at home
- Auburn and copper toners are ideal for brunettes. They give the hair a deep color and visually make it thicker and more luxuriant. You should not choose light shades - they simply will not be taken.
- Blondes can choose any shade of toner. Just do not often dye your hair in different tones, you may get an undesirable effect of sloppy variegation.
- It is advisable to wear gloves during the procedure. Almost all toners wash off well, but there is a chance that ugly stains may remain on your hands that may not be washed off immediately.
- If the hair is tinted with a tinted shampoo, it is better to wash your hair with it twice. The first time you just need to wash the strands like shampoo, and the second time apply it like paint and hold for 30-40 minutes.
- After toning the curls, it is best to use products marked “for colored hair”.
- If stains remain on the skin after staining with the tone, they can be easily removed with nail polish remover or any other alcohol-based product.
- Do not use toners if the hair is severely damaged. With such strands, the shade is washed off worse, and the "remnants" of such staining look very unpresentable.
Now there will be no more problems with how to properly tint your hair at home. No need to go to the salon. It is necessary to carefully read the instructions on the packaging, take note of the tips of this article, and the result of toning at home will undoubtedly please!.