In the wardrobe of every person it is easy to find such a thing that he is ready to wear practically without taking off. In it, he feels most comfortable and calm. Often the same can be said about a leather jacket, since this product is practical, tailored to the figure and does not cause difficulties in movement. But what if your favorite piece of clothing has lost its presentable appearance and has become striped or spotted from scuffs? First of all, it is important to find out some of the nuances of how to paint a leather jacket at home, since it often depends on whether you need to purchase a new thing to replace the old one.
Where to paint better?
For those who do not like to take risks, a specialized dry cleaner that provides a similar service seems to be an excellent option. But even there there are incidents:
- poor quality work of a specialist;
- performing painting by a beginner and so on.
Of course, when you have the required amount in your wallet, it is worth saving yourself from the tedious procedure of painting at home. If the experiment fails, there will be someone to make claims on the quality of the work performed.
But with a limited budget, painting the jacket yourself, subject to certain conditions, will be no less successful and inexpensive, which is important at the moment. In case of an unsatisfactory result, the procedure can be repeated or, nevertheless, you can buy a new thing later.
How to paint?
As you know, demand creates supply. This is a basic economic law. It is clear that as soon as leather products come into fashion, the range of care products for them sharply increases. And paints are no exception. Nowadays, various aerosols, powders and liquids are popular that can refresh the color of a thing. How to dye a leather jacket at home with their help? It is important to understand the rules for using each tool.
The main thing for all dyes is to apply them to the cleaned surface, since non-compliance with this requirement threatens to get stains and streaks, which will further emphasize the unsuccessful attempt to refresh the thing. It is enough to wipe it with a damp soft cloth and let it dry. Do not radically change the color of the product. Layering two different colors can make a jacket look messy and unkempt.
Aerosol is the best way out of the situation
Such a tool assumes the fulfillment of several rules:
- For this method of dyeing, it is better to hang clothes on hangers, which will eliminate uneven color distribution and transmission of folds. In addition, the jacket will not come into contact with other things and human skin.
- Surrounding objects do not hurt to hang up with an old piece of cloth or cover with newspapers, so as not to get dirty.
- Hands and face should preferably be protected with a respirator and latex gloves (medical non-sterile are also suitable).
- If it is not possible to paint outside, as required by the instructions, you need to open a window or balcony so that the room is quickly ventilated from the pungent smell of dye.
- When the preparation is complete, slowly apply the agent of choice to the jacket, spraying it from a distance of 20 cm. If necessary, apply in several coats, which implies a supply of cans.
- After painting, the item should dry completely.
This option is not uncommon. For the successful use of the dye, it is important to apply the product with a sponge first in those places that are not open to public view, which will allow you to stop coloring without much damage if the result is unsatisfactory.
When drying, the jacket should be slightly stretched so that it does not shrink or become stiff.
Perhaps this is the most time-consuming method of dyeing a product, requiring increased attention:
- The jacket must first be soaked in warm water to make the skin swell. If you skip this step, stains will remain as a result.
- Dissolve the coloring granules in water and strain to remove any lumps. The solution should be added to two liters of liquid and boiled. When the temperature of the paint has dropped to 40 ° C, the jacket can be lowered into it. During the procedure, it is important to turn the thing over for a uniform result.
- Finally, the jacket must be rinsed until the water is clear.
- To consolidate the result, the item is placed in a fixative, which consists of a glass of vinegar and two teaspoons of table salt, diluted in a liter of water.
- The jacket should be wrung out and laid to dry on a flat surface.
Home dyeing of leather products can be of high quality and effective if you follow its rules and all proportions..