Good memory and attention are the key to harmonious personal development, successful study and work. However, in the absence of regular exercise, memory deteriorates over time, and concentration decreases. Today, there are many different techniques that allow you to train the brain. The hardest part is choosing the right technique and following the recommendations on how to develop memory and attention.
How to improve memory and attention
There are many factors that affect brain performance. They should be taken into account by those who want to improve memory and attention:
- Aging. Many people begin to complain of poor memory and attention as early as 45-50 years old, and at 65-70 years old problems become habitual and do not cause surprise. Brain volume does decrease with age, but the loss is not as great as it seems. If we compare the brain of an infant and a centenarian in terms of the number of neurons, the difference is only 4%. Since a person uses only 0.1 part of the brain, it is possible to maintain a good memory in old age. The main thing is to train her.
- Diseases. Many of them cause deterioration and even loss of memory, decreased attention. First of all, these are diseases and injuries of the brain, stroke, meningitis, cancer, traumatic brain injury, diseases of the sense organs, vision, hearing and others. For any disease, the main thing is to see a doctor on time. In most cases, treatment prescribed by a specialist can stop and sometimes improve memory and attention impairment.
- Stress and depression. Severe, frequent and prolonged stress and depression have a devastating effect on memory and attention. The factors causing serious shocks are difficult to predict and prevent. However, every effort must be made to reduce the consequences. You should not refuse the help of relatives, friends and doctors.
Short-term stresses, emotional shocks, having a positive basis, on the contrary, are useful. For example, a pleasant surprise, a loud, infectious laugh, skydiving, roller coaster rides, participating in or watching sports.
- Drug use. Some drugs can significantly impair memory and attention. These drugs include antipsychotics, antidepressants, tranquilizers, hormones, drugs that have hypnotics and antihistamines, and others.
- Bad habits. We are talking about taking drugs, alcohol abuse, smoking. Any drug primarily affects the brain, gradually destroying it and leaving no chance of full recovery.
Alcohol in any quantity has a negative effect on the body. Impairment of memory and attention begins at low doses and increases simultaneously with an increase in the amount of alcohol consumed. Alcohol intake often results in memory lapses.
The memory of a smoker is reduced by 30% compared to a non-smoker.
You can play with silhouettes. Consider a picture with an object, and then find it by silhouette.
Exercise # 5
Show the child a few movements and ask them to repeat. Synchronously at first, then in turn. It is useful to do exercises and dance with your baby.
You can put a picture of matches. Show the child and ask him to repeat the drawing from memory.
Exercise # 6
For the development of the sensitivity of children's fingers, motor memory, it is useful to look for objects by touch. Put a few small things in a bag and ask the kid to guess what they are without looking.
Exercise # 7
Auditory memory can be developed using musical toys and improvised tools. The child should turn away and determine by ear what sounds. You can use a pipe, drum, ratchet, tambourine, clinking glass, metal spoons, rustling paper, cellophane, etc.
Exercise number 8
Students can be offered:
- Count to 50 or 100, skipping numbers with a specific digit.
- Find 10 words with any letter in the text.
- Complete the maze drawn on paper. You can trace the path with a pen or eyes.
- To guess a crossword puzzle or solve a logic problem.
- Learn the tongue twister and try to pronounce it as quickly and clearly as possible.
- Play shape-shifting. The adult should pronounce the word backwards, and the child should turn it over and name it correctly. Better to start with words of 1-2 syllables. For example, mod is a house, amam is a mother, buz is a tooth. Gradually, the number of syllables and the speed of pronunciation can be increased.
You can use any other tasks, the main thing for the development of memory and attention is to regularly train the brain..