Surely every person wondered: what is the difference between our planet and all the others, except that it is inhabited by living organisms? Even at school, we were told that the Earth differs very much from the eight planets of the solar system (after all, today we do not classify Pluto as a full-fledged planet). Of course, few people remember school astronomy lessons, so in this article we will identify the main signs of difference.
Earth is the only planet in the solar system that has life. Very often it is called the Blue Planet (due to the fact that there is a huge amount of water on Earth). As scientists say, our planet was formed about 4.5 billion years ago, and soon it had a natural satellite - the Moon. Thanks to numerous studies, it was found that life on our planet did not form immediately, but only a billion years after its creation. Life on Earth is possible, among other things, due to the influence of the magnetic field, which significantly weakens the radiation of the Sun, which is destructive for all living organisms on the planet. Slightly more than 70 percent of the surface is occupied by the oceans, while land accounts for less than thirty percent.
Other planets of the solar system for the most part remain a mystery to us, many of which we have yet to reveal. The main question that torments scientists is whether there is life on other planets? To date, the answer is no, but some scientists still suggest that this opinion may be wrong. The planets can be divided into two groups: the terrestrial planets (in addition to the Earth itself, these are Mars, Venus and Mercury), as well as giant planets (these are Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune). Each of these objects is of great interest to us, especially the largest planets - Jupiter and Saturn. For example, the famous rings of Saturn are constantly being studied by various specialists, and the results obtained often cause a wide resonance in the public.
Of course, the presence of intelligent life greatly distinguishes the Earth from other planets. However, there are other indications of the difference. We will distinguish five main ones:
- Our planet has a liquid shell. None of the planets or their satellites can boast of this. As noted above, a larger percentage of the planet's surface is water.
- Despite the fact that the atmosphere can be found not only on Earth, our planet is the only one that contains such a huge amount of oxygen.
- Another difference is the presence of a unique satellite. The fact is that the Moon is enormous when comparing the satellite directly with the planet. Nobody else has such a ratio, including the planets of the Terrestrial group.
- Planet Earth is also very different in appearance when viewed from Space. Particularly clearly visible are areas of the World Ocean - no planet has such a blue color.
- The Earth has unique physical properties that are suitable for the existence of a protein form of life.
- Intelligent life forms are present only on Earth.
- Only on Earth there is water (liquid shell).
- Our planet has a huge amount of oxygen.
- There is a unique satellite - the Moon, which largely determines the conditions of life.
- Differences can be found in appearance (blue color of the planet Earth).
- Earth has unique physical properties that contribute to the development of a proteinaceous life form.