Soil Health Card Scheme is a scheme launched by the Central Government of India in February 2015. According to this Scheme, the government provides a soil health card which will carry crop-wise guidance of fertilizers and nutrients needed for the single farms to help farmers to increase productivity through the proper use of inputs. The soil of farmers will test in different soil labs in India and after the test, the experts suggest which nutrients and fertilizers are useful for farmers soil. And they write the soil result in the soil health card. The government plans to issue the cards to 14 crore farmers.
About soil health card
The soil health card is the card which can be used for writing the complete report of framers soil. The soil health card contains water and nutrients content and other biological properties. This card will also contain improving measures that a farmer should use to obtain a better yield.
Main Features of the Soil Health Card Scheme
- This scheme covers all the states and UT of India.
- The government plans to issue the cards to 14 crore farmers.
- This card will also contain improving measures that a farmer should use to obtain a better yield.
- A farmer will get this soil card for his farm once in every 3 years.
Key points of Soil Health Card Scheme
- Soil Health card scheme was launched in 2015 in Rajasthan.
- The card informs farmers about nutrients status of the soils along with the recommendation on appropriate the dosage of nutrients to improve soil health and fertility.
- The card will be issued once in every year to a farm so that nutrients deficiency can be regularly detected and improved.
- The aim is to provide Soil Health Card to all 120 million farm holdings by Dec2017.
- In the first phase of the scheme (2015-17), 100 million SHC have been distributed.
- The second phase began on May 1, 2017, and will continue for the year 2017 to 2019.
- This scheme is being implemented in collaboration with State Governments with 505o fund sharing pattern.
The Need Of Soil Health Card Scheme
The main basic aim behind this scheme is to improve the productivity of farmers. By making soil health card the farmer gets to know about the best fertilizer for their farm.
- There is no rule for using this health card.
- The government has launched online soil health card portal.
- By this, the farmers will know what fertilizers they need.
- Farmers take advice from experts if they have any problem related to their soil.
Functioning Of Soil Health Card Scheme
Here I am providing the step by step functioning of Soil Health card scheme.
- The authorized persons will collect the soil sample from your farm.
- They submit the sample to the testing lab, here the experts test the soil.
- After the testing, specialists will analyze the test results of the soils.
- The experts will list down the strengths as wells as the weaknesses of your soil.
- If the weakness of the soil is such that we can improve it somehow, experts will list down suggestive methods too.
- The government will then put all these details into the soil cards for farmers in a formatted manner.
The Performance of the Soil Health Card Scheme
- As per the date of July 2015, the government has covered 34 lakh farmers under the scheme.
- The state of Andhra Pradesh has published the most number of soil cards to its farmers.
- The states of Tamil Nadu and Punjab are way forward in collecting the soil samples.
Hope you get informative information. If you have any doubt you can ask our experts. Please continue to visit our website for the new schemes and updates.